DibbsBarker is a leading legal services advisor in the Australian banking and finance industry. We act for at least 10 Australian banks including two of the big four, three of the top five and five of the top ten.
Our clients often encounter unforeseen challenges requiring expert, informed advice. Our Financial Services team prides themselves on being proactive, accessible, commercially aware and value driven - we get to the core of the issue and seek resolutions to enable all parties to move forward as quickly as possible. We are experts, who partner with our financial services clients to overcome these challenges.
Adding to our established industry reputation across finance, insolvency and recoveries, we have advised clients on:
- enforcement strategies based on each particular matter's circumstances, including regulatory enforcement or commercially mediated outcomes
- emerging industry regulation and implications
- insolvency and intellectual property valuation and realisation
- retailer and consumer finance advice from ‘start-up’ to franchising
- advertising rules and regulations
- workplace relations considerations arising from employee fraud
- merger, acquisition & disposals activity.
How we can help
At DibbsBarker we pride ourselves on our contacts within the industry and our ability to work closely with our clients to build on the strong relationships we enjoy. Our legal teams are lead advisers representing the growing requirements of various banking and other financial institutions and are valued advisors to many of Australia’s most recognised financial services institutions.
Together, we comprise experts in FSR, capital raisings, IPOs, corporate advisory, workplace relations, property, insolvency, debt recovery, regulation & compliance, trade practices & intellectual property and IT.
We advise clients on day to day capabilities and processes, security and fraud, new product and service development, electronic platforms, and growing further business efficiencies.
The DibbsBarker team are honorary lawyers to the Overseas Bankers Association of Australia. We are also active members of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA) and the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL). DibbsBarker currently holds a representative position on the ASIC Financial Services Reform Consultative Committee. Our members also participate within the following industry bodies:
- Law Council of Australia: Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee
- Inter Pacific Bar Association: Insolvency Group
- Bankers and Financial Services Law Association
- The Academics Group of Insol International
- Banking Committee of Union de Advocate
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia.
Our group has held speaking roles at numerous seminars for the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association, the Sydney Chamber of Commerce, the Queensland Law Society and other external industry seminar providers on a variety of insolvency issues. We also support numerous industry participants and clients through in-house training and education programs, including for Deloitte, BDO, PPBA, KordaMentha, Pilot Partners, FTI, Grant Thornton, KPMG, Vouris and Bell, Lawler Partners and SimsPartners.