Our intimate understanding of the insurance industry and the nature of the relationships between all stakeholders means that we can efficiently identify the issues and offer practical solutions.
Within this consolidated industry, participants are forced to continuously innovate and expand into alternate markets. Insurers are responding through new service and product offerings that benefit from new technologies and distribution channels.
The industry remains braced for further challenges including:
- slowed capital markets
- reduced investment returns
- greater difficulty in pricing risk
- an ageing population
- significant regulatory intervention
- increased finance sector competition.
How we can help
DibbsBarker has worked alongside insurers, underwriters and brokers for over 100 years. With an established Insurance industry group comprising experts in claims resolution, policy & underwriting, compliance & regulation, trade practices, mergers & acquisitions, corporate advisory, intellectual property and IT, DibbsBarker remains committed to providing the insurance industry with the required legal and commercial expertise to remedy any emerging issue.
Our appreciation of the industry has guided our group in developing services and delivery systems to reduce our clients' operational costs and improve efficiency. We have a long history of guiding clients through market challenges and emerging trends to help formulate appropriate responses to developing risks and claims.
DibbsBarker remains committed to supporting the industry in the management of strategic business risks and responding to emerging trends and issues in the marketplace.
- Association for Women in Insurance
- Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance & Finance (ANZIIF)
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG)
- Industrial Relations Society of Queensland
- International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- Qld Law Society
- Risk Management Institution of Australasia (RMIA).