Understanding your industry
Our clients come to us not only for our legal expertise but our practical understanding of the Life Sciences sector.
We understand the challenges faced by participants in this sector, such as:
- Taking a strategic approach to intellectual property ownership, licensing and protection
- Lengthy premarket development periods requiring substantial and sustained funding, and
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks.
Our industry knowledge is further enhanced by the scientific qualifications and health administration experience of various members of our Group. Using this understanding, we provide clear and timely advice.
Our lawyers assist clients at every stage of their development and growth. Combining leading-edge legal skills and a genuine interest in their business, we are able to deliver the desired outcome in an efficient and cost-effective way.
How we can help
Our Group is experienced in all phases of the industry; from assisting “start-up” and smaller companies in research and development, capital raisings and the commercialisation, protection and licensing of IP; through to assisting well-established multinationals with supply chain agreements, tendering, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and complex IP litigation. We also work with research institutes and investors.
Drawing on our industry knowledge and experience, we assist clients with:
- capital raising and IPOs
- challenging regulators’ decisions
- commercialisation and protection of IP
- continuous disclosure and other ASX requirements
- compliance and contracts with respect to conduct of the clinical trials
- corporate governance
- international licensing
- managing highly skilled workforces
- outsourcing and supply chain issues
- privacy and compliance issues
- product risk, liability and recall
- research and development
- strategic acquisitions and alliances
- strategic analysis and conduct of patent litigation, and
- tender and contract issues in dealing with government.
We regularly handle the international needs of our clients, and assist two-way flows between Australia and the international commercial markets. We advise multinational clients with their operations in Australia, and also provide advice and assistance to Australian clients seeking to do business internationally. In all cases, we are dedicated to our clients' success and work hard to understand their unique situation.
, Partner and Leader of the DibbsBarker Medical & Pharmaceutical Industry Group also Chairs the NSW Committee of AusMedtech. AusMedtech is dedicated to the advancement of the Australian medical technology industry as a division of AusBiotech. In addition, Beth McIntyre
, a Special Counsel in the Medical & Pharmaceutical Industry Group sits on AusMedtech’s Health Economics Expert Panel.
IAM Licensing 250
Rob McInnes, partner, named as Australia's highest recommended patent and technology licensing lawyer in the IAM Licensing 250. For more information on how the DibbsBarker Intellectual Property & Technology Group can assist your business, please contact Rob McInnes.
Best Lawyers Australia 2012
Group member Andrew Saxton
was judged by his peers to be Sydney's top lawyer in the category of Health and Aged Care in 2012 and in Medical Negligence in 2011 . . .more