Many of our European clients wish to establish a subsidiary or branch in Australia or acquire another company by share deal or asset deal. Others need to solve difficulties with distributors, unpaid invoices or employees.
We also help guide our Australian clients into the European market. We provide strategic corporate legal advice on how to enter Europe and facilitate relationships to ensure ongoing success.
Our core team is based in Sydney, supported by partners in Brisbane and Melbourne.
The team is coordinated by our European Counsel Dr Wolfgang Babeck and supported by our affiliated law firms in Europe. Service is provided in English, German, French, Spanish and Russian.
Our team members have relevant experience in the areas of corporate advisory, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, franchising, workplace relations, equipment finance and financial services.
Our clients include governments, banks, insurance companies, investment houses, manufacturers, technology enterprises and privately held and publicly listed companies in Europe and Australia.
Services of the European Desk include:
- setting up companies in Australia for European clients (from Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and the UK)
- sales contracts and trade practices - adopting your documents for other markets
- entering joint ventures and/or franchise agreements - we recently advised on a joint venture of an Australian technology company with a German market leader
- assessing government tenders and advising on procurement opportunities
- identifying possible trading partners or targets for merger and acquisition activities - we have recently completed a large takeover for a DAX listed company
- preparing international strategies - we have recently advised on a holding structure in Europe for an Australian technology company
- advising on international intellectual property issues - we have recently assisted a large European medical technology company on IP and ACCC issues
- employment law, employment benefits and notarial services - we have assisted head offices to reorganise their local boards and prepared the market entry of a large European retailer.
For more information on our European Desk, please contact: