Safe Harbour Wheelhouse
Australia's new safe harbour laws have commenced, with the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) now providing a helpful regime for directors of a struggling company to pursue restructuring efforts without fear of liability for insolvent trading. The reforms relating to the enforcement of ipso facto provisions are currently slated to commence on 1 July 2018.
In our Safe Harbour Wheelhouse publication series we will consider how the new laws are likely to play out and impact key stakeholders once companies begin relying on the new provisions in months and years to come.
To read our insights in this series, click on the headings below:
- Implications of disclosing restructure plans to creditors when entering safe harbour
- A better outcome for whom? Unpacking the safe harbour reforms
- Safe harbour legislation impacts right to terminate leases for insolvency events
- Directorship risks for turnaround professionals advising on safe harbour
- The safe harbour regime and continuous disclosure: where is the line in the sand?