Your career and development
We are passionate about true professionalism. To us it means the commitment to constant personal improvement and dedication to giving the best advice and service to our clients.
What we require from you is your passion for excellence.
That’s why we regard it a high priority to create an environment where you can achieve your professional and personal best at DibbsBarker.
- DibbSMART professional development program
- a host of learning programs delivered by reputable facilitators
- mentoring relationships
- ongoing feedback
- challenging work opportunities and experiences
- business development skills
- legal and technical skills development
- personal development courses.
Learning & development
Lifelong learning is encouraged via DibbSMART, DibbsBarker's unique professional development program which goes beyond the traditional concepts of learning and development. It’s an umbrella for the professional development opportunities currently offered to, and those being created for, our people, and encompasses:
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- external programs (seminars and conferences)
- further education (i.e. postgraduate study)
- on the job training
- technology training
- interstate exchanges.
Our learning and development opportunities are regularly reviewed and enhanced to ensure they continue to meet your ongoing developmental needs. Learning should also be enjoyable. We favour learning opportunities that are innovative, effective, relevant and fun.
- increase the capacity and job satisfaction of our people
- prepare and assess staff members for promotion opportunities
- deliver exceptional client results
- reinforce our values and culture
- frame our performance management, reward and promotion systems
- share knowledge
- create extraordinary teams, and
- enable our people to form professional and social networks within the firm.
Career development means always striving to be the best you can be no matter at what stage you are in your career.
No one person is the same in their development so we offer a broad range of career development opportunities and support for our people at various stages of their careers. To do this we measure performance in four areas – people, client, practice, and building the firm.
We understand that at times the choices available to you can seem overwhelming. DibbsBarker has developed career frameworks which are tied to your performance to help you navigate the many options. The better you understand the implications of your career decisions the more confident you can be when making them.
You take charge of where you’re going. We support you every step of the way.