Disruption in the workforce
|Services:||People & Workplace|
|Industry Focus:||Financial Services, Insurance, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Real Estate & Construction|
|Date:||19 Apr 2016|
More than just a buzz word, disruption is what we are seeing all around us and its impact on the workplace is undeniable.
In this video interview, Fay Calderone from our People & Workplace team speaks with BRR Media about some of the things employers should think about as they start to create more agile workforces and innovative workplaces to keep pace in an era of unrelenting change.
- the way technological developments such as automation, digitalisation, ‘big data’, predictive analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) are impacting traditional ways of working
- the rise of the ‘next generation’ workforce in which millennials are entering today’s workplaces in increasing numbers, with different views about the way they want to work
- the shift towards more flexible and contingent work models including contracting arrangements, outsourced labour and casual and part-time employment, as well as remote location work
- some of the compliance issues employers should be aware of when implementing changes in the workplace, such as the avoidance of ‘sham contracting’, and the importance of consultation and communication with employees
- the impact of change on workplace culture.
If you have any further queries, please contact: